Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Why Can't We Be Friends?

As salaam alaikum,

So, I posted this on my facebook, and I'm posting it here because I've read about too many people denying the existence of God, which shouldn't upset me, but it does. It's funny how those same people would be upset with someone voicing their beliefs yet they don't hesitate to voice theirs at any given chance.

Can't we coexist without offending each other? You know, unless my mere existence offends, then that's your problem to deal with. I can't cease to exist.

Anyway, heavy heavy heavy. I want everyone to believe what they believe in their heart of hearts, I don't want to impede. There is no compulsion in religion. But I wish it weren't in our nature to be so mean to each other.

War got it right with this song, and this video. Life is too short for us to not to try to be better to one another and recognize some of the absurdities we create in our existence:


No comments:

Post a Comment