Monday, April 16, 2012

[uncensored]: I'm on the radio!

As salaam alaikum,

Yesterday was my brother's 25th birthday. I called to wish Big Head happy birthday, and he answered the phone with, "Today is my birthday."

D'oh! No surprises there.

But anyway, woohoo, Nura and I were on Muslim Street Radio last night for an interview about Love, InshAllah. It was awesome to be able to participate, and awesome to be on the radio for the first time, though nerve wracking, too, because...they asked tough questions!

Like, about my using alternative names for "Sadiq" and "James," and the fact I've told neither about the telling of the story. Nope...I barely told all of my classmates who "James" really is...I'll wait until I move away.

Like I told "Sadiq" only after I was sure I was leaving Ann Arbor that I liked him...yep! Too bad he's now in Boston...and with any luck, I'll never see him! It's easy to do in Boston.

Anyway, if you're interested in hearing, the podcast for the April 15 show is here. The interview is in the second half.

And, if you're interested in the show, as you can see, there are other podcasts available as well! I now have a new radio show to listen to!

Today is Patriots' Day, also known as Boston Marathon Day! I get to watch the marathon for the first time. I think I'm going to park my tukhus at Beacon St, I think, so I can see the runners as they make their way to the finish. I'm too lazy to go to Reservoir or any other such place. This is the first time I don't have class or a rotation, so I'm excited to watch!

It's supposed to be 87F today, so ay ay...hope everyone stays hydrated. But, if anyone passes out...I am ACLS certified! I can help in resuscitation efforts!

...or, keep my happy tail on the sidelines, because undoubtedly they have other people there to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment