Monday, June 28, 2010

Deve Ser (It Must Be)

As salaam alaikum,

So, nothing really to post about. I realize that, for anyone who attempts to follow my blogs, I probably post a lot, too much for anyone to keep up with. I just can't keep myself from writing something sometimes!

I just wanted to share with you "Deve Ser" by Jorge Vercilo. It's one of my favorite songs from the last novela I watched, "Viver a Vida," with my favorite couple, Bruno (Thiago Lacerda) and Helena (Taís Araujo). The lovely Ms. Araujo is pictured in the youtube clip.




Heh, by the way, I like the names of the actors so much, I might name my kids that...not after the actors specifically (I briefly tutored a 12-year-old Brazilian girl named Thais, and I liked the name then), but just because they're cool names.

If I had a twin, a boy and a girl, it'd be a toss up between naming them Thiago and Thais or Hasna and Hassan. Hahaha, I'm not very creative, I know...

Anyway, that's the music for the day...well, I guess I'll translate it...with poetic liscense, of course...

It must be
Like discovering an island inside of me
It's a sign that it would be like this
To begin to love you

It must be
Like the beginning of a fascination
Like the power of a revolution
To be touched by you

Because it was just like that
Just like springtime to sleep by your side
Because it was for me
Pure fantasy to reflect myself in your lips

It must be
Like, suddenly, the sky opening
Like seeing what I didn't at first perceive
To begin to love you

It must be
Like being blessed without knowing
Nor imagine ever deserving
Being loved by you

Because it was just like that
Just like springtime to sleep by your side
Because it was for me
Pure fantasy to reflect myself in your lips

Gorgeous lyrics! It fit so well with the novela, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment