Saturday, October 9, 2010

Random Update

As salaam alaikum,

Yep, deleted my last post. It wasn't charitable, so I kept it to myself.

Other than that, life is good. There's nothing more really to say about that right now. I saw this film, Budrus, with B, and though we were some of the youngest people there (it reminds me of Saturdays at Kendall Cinema), it was still a good...thing.

We got Chinese food after wandering into Chinatown. We had a really random conversation, and then he walked me home...well, we took the T home, and then he walked me home.

I realize that this is really devoid of details and therefore the antithesis of exciting, but I find myself somehow distracted by hunger this morning...

Besides that, I have a little bit of work to do this weekend, a paper to start writing. I wrote the second to last chapter of RMD, hated it, and will probably rewrite it before I write the ending. I realize my problem in this project is that when I write conservative Muslims, it's somehow hard to flesh them out...in particular two characters, Noor and Jameel. Noor at this point exists in the story as an invisible character who is mentioned a lot but never appears (I eliminated her chapter). Jameel could be the same, but I kind of what to include him. The thing is, when you spend an entire story alluding to a character then they pop up at the end, it needs to be worth the wait...and right now, it's lackluster. It just means that I need to spend more time on that chapter than I will have to the others, that's fine.

Anyway, I end with the trailer for Budrus. It premiered in New York City and Boston last night, coming to an independent theatre near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment