Thursday, May 26, 2011

May May May

As salaam alaikum,

The month of May has been so frickin' long! Oh my gosh!

I mean, alhamdulillah, for me it's been full of blessings...seeing so many of my wonderful friends get married and celebrating the marriage anniversary of another, graduating from public health school (today - not walking, though, watching HMS graduate instead), visiting my parents, my family, grandparents, babies, preggers included...and everyone is alive and moderately well, whole, with all of their possessions in tact. I'm taking control of my future family life and getting out there and looking for a mate, hah...and my ex saw me earlier this month and realized he was a fool for letting me go (I don't know that for sure, but I think that's what went down).

So it's been a crazy productive month that doesn't seem to ever end! And at the end of the month, I'll be going back to medical school, starting with an Emergency Department rotation. I'm not as aprehensive of getting back to clinical stuff as I had been previously--I think I'll be able to do it.

Graduation ceremony for HMS is at 2pm, Nigerian graduation party at 5:30pm, friend's graduation party at his girlfriend's house at 7:30pm...and I went shopping for food for the first time in my new place!

Tomorrow is my friend's marriage reception celebration...thing. Then, on Saturday, one of my friends from undergrad is performing in Cambridge, so I'll have to make sure I go. Then, another friend is getting married on Sunday in Maryland...

And much of May has been like this.

July promises to be similarly busy. I'll have my sub-internship, and then that last week, I may try to swing by home to take family pictures with my fam, go to the family medicine conference, and attend my cousin's wedding (my first full-out nikah!). One or two of those things may not happen, but I'm definitely going to my cousin's nikah! I just don't know where I'm flying from yet...Boston, Kansas City or Detroit...whoo!

This year, I'm never going to stop! Because I'll start applying to residencies in September, start interviewing in November, may try to go abroad in October and November, if not then next year...essentially, May is just a foreshadowing of things to come...my life is not going to stop from here on out.

This is all insha'Allah, of course...

Then, I'll continue interviewing in December and January...I'll start planning going to Reveillon (New Years) in Brazil now, see if anyone wants to go (that's a trip on my wish list!), then I submit my Match list in February, then I match in March (and may alternatively be going abroad March-April), then I finish medical school by May next year. Insha'Allah, I graduate May 24, 2012!

And then in June and July, I start preparing for residency! I'll move to a new state or new residence (if I'm still in Massachusetts or if I decide to go to Michigan), I'll make new friends, I'll begin my career in earnest!

And internship is an undertaking in itself...

And who knows what else I'll be doing, whose weddings I'll be going to (insha'Allah, somewhere in there will be my own to some unknown character who is somewhere, wasting time!).

And all of this craziness began when moving out of my place coincided with deadlines for my practicum project and my friend's wedding. I just have a feeling that I'll be pretty busy for the rest of my life...

...but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Alhamdulillah!

No comments:

Post a Comment