Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Truth in "The Message"

As salaam alaikum,

I hadn't listened to this song the whole way through in a while...that was some hard-hitting stuff! Please note that I do not endorse of the use of the homophobic slurs, including the other F bomb, but it's kind of telling of where the society was in 1982.

Otherwise, brilliance. The ghetto is the same. It hasn't changed in 30 years, and it hadn't changed in 30 years from then, either...or 50 years for that matter. Let the story of the likes of Detroit Red tell it...very similar thing.






Between the case of Trayvon Martin and hearing about the FBI infiltrating Orange County Muslim communities with the call to seduce and have sex with Muslim women, like Grandmaster Flash, I'm trying not to loose my head. Haha ha ha ha.

And like ODB said in, "Baby I Got Your Money," "FBI don't you be watching me." From COINTELPRO to now...I don't know who would disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment