Sunday, August 21, 2011

Twenty First Juz

As salaam alaikum,

Long day, and I still have work to do for tomorrow. So adelante!

This seems to have been a running theme in my consciousness this weekend:

"And [God says:] "We have enjoined upon man goodness towards his parents: his mother bore him by bearing strain upon strain, and his utter dependence on her lasted two years: [hence, O man,] be grateful towards Me and towards thy parents, [and remember that] with Me is all journeys' end. [Revere thy parents;] yet should they endeavor to make thee ascribe divinity, side by side with Me, to something which thy mind cannot accept [as divine], obey them not; but [even then] bear them company in this world's life with kindness, and follow the path of those who turn towards Me. In the end, unto Me you all must return; and thereupon I shall make you [truly] understand all that you were doing [in life]." (31:14-15)

From the screaming babies at children's hospital kicking and not wanting to get their ears examined with the otoscope to my father desiring that I convert to Christianity...yep, it's all there. That was my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment