Monday, August 16, 2010

The 6th Juz

As salaam alaikum,

I love how, every time you read the Qur'an, you get something different from the experience. The first five ajiza' inspired me usually for the rest of the day, such that I hastened to sneak away from the fam to read it.

...then I read the sixth juz (the end of surah 4, the beginning of 5), and for some reason, I was a little bit depressed after reading it. I think it got me to thinking about my father and how I had to break it to him, once again, that I was not looking to convert to Christianity.

It was hard to read that juz knowing my father was Christian. I don't know why it's hitting me more this year than in past years. I think it's because...I've shed a great deal of my righteous indignation, and now I just wish him the best.

Well, he'll be in my du'as, because that unsettling feeling is something that only prayer can alleviate.

No comments:

Post a Comment