Monday, September 20, 2010

Insha'Allah

As salaam alaikum,

Insha'Allah, I'm going to finish this story I've been writing now for the past three years almost, A Rose Much Desired. I'm going to finish it before the end of October (that includes my final edit), insha'Allah.

Then I just have to figure out who I'm goign to give it to for the first read over.

Why do I say this? Because I just wrote a chapter that was very difficult to write, pretty much has been the chapter that I've been trying yet failing at writing for the last two years at least, and it will get me to the point where I know exactly how everything's going to happen, so it'll be easy to finish.

I hope I can get this published so my family can put it on their bookshelves. It'd be awesome, of course, if there was more interest in it, but judging by my sparse yet loyal readership for this thing...yeah, my family and a couple of friends will read it.

I'm excited, though! Almost done with my first completed work since "Daughter of a Supermodel," which I wrote when I was twelve.

Overjoyed!

Oh yeah, and my roommate, by reading the title and with my not wanting her to read any of the text assumes that it's a Harlequin novella. Haha, I laugh!

"Are there any sex scenes in it?"

"Well...not really." Heh.

And then she goes on about how you can tell Jane Austen never had sex because of the way that her interactions between males and females were without passion. Thanks, roommie, I'll keep that in mind.

She's still convinced it's a romance novel, I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel but please keep writing don't wonder about who will be interested, if you love it chances are others will, part i have read is very interesting. Good luck! I'd love to read more of this story.....,i thought about blogging my novel but haven't been sure about it.

    ReplyDelete