Monday, August 29, 2011

Eid Mubarak / Twenty Ninth Juz

As salaam alaikum,

Nothing really to say about this juz...I think I was already hypoglycemic when I read it and I fell asleep in the middle of the day. I should have known that it was a bad sign for the rest of my night on L&D.

Talk about the nemesis of my hubris! I literally fell flat on my face in the delivery room while helping the physician retract for a perineal laceration. I cut my forehead in two places and now have dermabond on my forehead. I am humbled, once again, as I have been all Ramadan...I'm not sure how I'll handle Ramadan in the future as a clinician, but I know that I definitely have to eat full meals for suhoor instead of drinking water, and I definitely need to break fast on heftier meals.

And I was hypertensive the whole time! That was completely unacceptable! As soon as I can, it's back to the gym!

We'll see if I'm able to make Eid prayers tomorrow. Every year, there's been a reason why I couldn't go! I mean, I could certainly pray sitting on the sidelines, but getting around without getting dizzy is hard...and I can't do sajdah right now because of the pain and the dermabond...

Anyway...I'll wrap up my Ramadan reflections tomorrow and complete the Qur'an tomorrow. I'll also throw in my general perceptions of this Ramadan, which was a tough Ramadan for me because I went through so many changes this year...there were some harsh reminders in store for me this Ramadan, but I needed them. I'm pretty much back to where I started, though, in terms of the constant challenge of finding a life partner that so many of us face and, within that context, the challenge of trying to find the way to be a woman...particularly a Muslim woman and a suitor at the same time.

Alas, I'll get into that more later.

For now, it's time to convalesce...losing consciousness is weird!

It's weird that I won't be fasting tomorrow...I had gotten used to not eating. But apparently, my body has not, thus the passing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment