Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane / Twenty Sixth Juz

As salaam alaikum,

I can't believe that Ramadan is almost over...and I can't believe a hurricane is coming to the east coast! Insha'Allah, it'll be alright...I'll be ready.

But for now, I'm sleepy...so just some thoughts for the night, lest I complain about my mother hassling me about preparing for this hurricane:

"Now [among the est of deeds which] We have enjoined upon man [is] goodness towards his parents. In pain did his mother bear him, adn in pain did she give him birth; and her bearing him and his utter dependence on her took thirty monhts. And so, when he attains to full maturity and reaches forty years, he [that is righteous] prays, "O my Sustainer! Inspire me so that I may forever be grateful for those blessings of Thine with which Thou hast graced me and my parents, and that I may do what is right [in a manner] tht will meet with Thy goodly acceptance; and grant me righteousness in my offspring [as well]. Verily, unto Thee have I turned in repentance; for, verily, I am of those who have surrendered themselves unto Thee!" (46:15)

Longie but goodie...

And here's something to think about, another reason God doesn't put more on us than we can bear:

"And withal, He does not demand of you [to sacrifice in His cause all of] your possessions: [for,] if He were to demand of you all of them, and urge you, you would niggardly cling [to them], and so He would [but] bring out your moral failings." (47:36-37).

We all have moral failings that are inevitable...God doesn't draw us towards those necessarily...

And one of my favorites to tell people:

"O men! Behold, We have created you all out of a male and a female, and have made you into nations and tribes, so that you might come to know one another." (49:13)

That's right! We better recognize!

No comments:

Post a Comment