Tuesday, August 9, 2011

RMD / Ninth Juz

As salaam alaikum,

I've been giving my story, A Rose Much Desired, a long rest while I patiently await one of my family members/designated readers to get halfway through it. But the plan for me is to add quotes and otherwise spiff it up before I try to find a publisher or attempt to self-publish. With two of my characters, I was going to write a little epilogue with an allusion to this ayah.

"And whenever thy Sustainer brings forth their offspring from the loins of the children of Adam, He [thus] calls upon them to bear witness about themselves: "Am I not your Sustainer?" - to which they answer: "Yea, indeed, we do ear witness thereto!" (7:172).

It goes on, but I really like that...that before we are born, we bear witness to God...before we forget...

This one is for my mother! And me, because we can both be fuss cats...

"Make due allowance for man's nature, and enjoin the doing of what is right; and leave alone all those who choose to remain ignorant. And if it should happen that a prompting from Satan stirs thee up [to blind anger], seek refuge with God: behold, He is all-hearing, all-knowing." (7:199-200)

So while we make allowances for human nature, we need to enjoin what is right! No sitting idly by and muttering, "that's just the way it is." Do I have to pull out some Bruce Horsby on this piece?

That's just the way it is...but don't you believe that...

No comments:

Post a Comment