Saturday, August 20, 2011

Mercy / Twentieth Juz

As salaam alaikum,

No specific ayat this time around...I'm just going to reflect on the story of Moses (as). For those of us that have committed regrettable acts in our lives, the story of Moses (as) is a powerful one. A man who killed a man, asked God for repentance and nearly killed another became a prophet, and one of those mentioned the most in the Qur'an behind the prophet Muhammad (saw). That gives me hope as a regular believer who has at times strayed from time to time...God long ago elevated one who committed one of those most grave sins in Islam to the status of prophet. That's a level of mercy this country's justice system certainly does not approach...

Can you imagine someone convicted of manslaughter becoming President, for example?

So that gives me hope, and lets me know that I will continue to try to be the best I can be and err the least that I can, but if I do err and I sincerely repent, God's got my back like he had Moses' (as) back.

Insha'Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment