Sunday, August 7, 2011

Hereafter / Seventh Juz

As salaam alaikum,

Muito simples.

"And nothing is the life of this world but a play and a passing delight; and the life in the hereafter is by far the better for all who are conscious of God. Will you not, then, use your reason?" (6:32)

Nothing but play and passing delight...that's something to think about. Do we stress more about making a meeting on time and pleasing our superiors than we stress about making prayers on time and pleasing God? Yet this is just playtime, essentially...the life hereafter is where it's at. I'm not calling for people to have lapses in professionalism...for some of us, our professions are part of our good deeds in this life. However, that's food for thought...

At least for me, while I intend to dedicate the work of this life to my service to God in that I'm helping my fellow human being, I don't often think directly of the life to come. More constant in prayer I can always be, but...it's an important balance to strike. I don't believe the answer is being completely aloof to this world, either. This world is not just a trap for us, we have things we can do while we're here...

No comments:

Post a Comment